PASTOR OF NEW CITY KIDS
We are seeking a strong, driven and self-starting leader to fill the role of Pastor of Kids Ministry. The primary purpose of this role is to create and lead an engaging ministry to enable infant through 4th grade kids and their families to develop as disciples of Jesus in the places they live, work, study, and play.
1. Provide overall leadership for the ministry.
- Develop and communicate the overall vision of New City Kids and ensure all the
necessary and appropriate people, programs, and processes are in place to execute the
- Develop goals and strategies to drive progress.
- Establish relevant metrics/evaluative measures to ensure effectiveness of the ministry.
- Be the primary champion of Kids Ministry within the staff and congregation.
- Develop and implement a family “road map” that communicates our intentional plan to invest in kids and their parents to help them grow and disciples as they progress through our ministry.
2. Recruit, train, deploy, and nurture volunteers that minister to the children of New City.
- Relationally invest in the people of New City to find the right volunteers (gifts, skills,
personalities, passions, etc.) to minister to our children each week.
- Assess the suitability of each volunteer to the role they are considering.
- Provide all necessary training to adequately prepare each volunteer to effectively and
safely minister to our children. This training should be done prior to releasing volunteers
to serve and should continue for the duration of their volunteering.
- Effectively manage the schedule to ensure sufficient staffing in each classroom.
- Provide ongoing care, encouragement, training and support of all your volunteers.
- Oversee childcare program to ensure appropriate staffing at selected ministry events (e.g. Welcome to New City, Women’s Bible Study, Marriage 101, etc.)
3. Ensure excellent classroom teaching/learning.
- Select appropriate curriculum for each age-level.
- Provide creative learning environments for children (e.g. large group, interactive, etc.)
- Provide all necessary teaching materials for each classroom weekly (e.g. handouts, lessons, props).
- Evaluate effectiveness of classroom teachers and provide appropriate feedback.
4. Shepherd and equip parents and families.
- Build relationships with parents and families, shepherding them through times of need
- Offer appropriate training opportunities to help parents disciple their kids.
- Four years or more of experience in a ministry environment with 300 or more children.
- Live and work according to New City staff values (Take Ownership, Be Resourceful, Honor
God with your Work Ethic, Be Open to Critique, Do Things with Excellence, Seek God in
- Fulfill the duties required of New City Church members as outlined in the New City Leadership Covenant and Bylaws.
- Able to lead strategically and execute tactically;
- Able to manage both people and projects/deadlines.
- People Skills/Attitudes: Values all people as created in God’s image and loved by Him; aspires to serve others; approachable and accessible; works well with others; appreciation for own and other’s giftedness; possesses a healthy sense of humor.
- Work Skills/Attitudes: able to discern needs and respond appropriately; able to maintain a
high degree of professionalism and accuracy; good written and verbal communication skills; desire for individual & professional growth; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Able to manage self and drive projects and initiatives with adequate direction and limited
To apply for this position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.