MASK UPDATE FOR SUNDAY SERVICES
November 12, 2020
New City Family,
First let me say how grateful I am that so many of you have continued to engage with us through this prolonged season of uncertainty that started all the way back in mid-March. Many of you have been back to the building for a church gathering or class, and we’ve loved having you! Others of you have continued to participate online, and we are thankful that we have been able to stay connected that way. While we long for the day where we can all be together without face-coverings and physical distancing, we are committed to continuing both online and in-person gatherings, knowing that God is working in it all!
Related to our in-person Sunday gatherings, I have a reminder and an update:
- In light the ongoing mask mandates in Phoenix and Maricopa County, New City will continue to require all people in attendance at our 830 and 10A services to wear a mask while in the building. This has been the case (at all services) since we regathered on August 2nd, but over the past few weeks we’ve seen the need to reiterate this. If you attend one of these services, we are asking for your cooperation and understanding.Please note, the 830A service does provide more distancing than the 10A.
- If you are medically unable to wear a mask, or meet other exemption criteria as established by Maricopa County, we encourage you to attend the 1130A service where masks will not be required for those not able to wear one.
We hope this clarification and the adjustment to the 1130A service will help provide a service for every person, regardless of their situation.
In closing, I want to acknowledge the fact that there are varying opinions on the wearing of masks and their effectiveness. While we could debate the matter, it isn’t my role to referee those disputes or to make public health decisions. As the Lead Pastor of New City, I’m just asking for your cooperation as we seek to comply with the law and provide an inviting space for everyone to worship in-person. Regardless of what you may think about masks, I know that Jesus calls us to put others before ourselves, even if we disagree with them.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Hope to see you soon!
IN-PERSON SERVICES AT NEW CITY
We are holding in-person services at 8:30, 10, and 11:30 am every Sunday at New City Church. We are also streaming the services online during those times. If you have any hesitations or health concerns, please continue to join us digitally.
Our New City Kids and Students programs are available in person as well. You can view our Family Ministries re-gathering plan here.
How you can help:
- If you don’t feel well (this includes any flu-like symptoms, a fever or possible COVID-19 exposure), please stay home and join us online.
- If you have any other health concerns or a medical condition that puts you at increased risk, please stay home and join us online.
- If you do join us at church, we ask that you wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and other guests, unless you share a household with them.
Our team is working with different community partners to provide a list of resources for those seeking assistance or additional information. Please visit our Justice & Care Resources page for information on mental health, shelter, childcare, and food assistance. We will keep this page updated as we receive more information.