REGATHERING AT NEW CITY
To begin with, we want to thank all of you for continuing to tune in and engage with us online during this time. We are grateful for the way our congregation has shown up for us, each other and our greater community over the last few months.
After much prayer and careful consideration, we have decided to regather for in-person services at New City beginning on June 7th. We have been closely monitoring news updates and guidelines as they shift in order to make preparations for a safe, sanitary space that meets government recommendations. We’ve redesigned our service layout to allow for physical distancing. We’ve also reduced our capacity for each service, and so for the time being, we ask that you please go online in advance to save seats for your family. Save your seat below. At this time, New City Kids and Students will not be meeting. If you plan on bringing your children to a service, please register them for seating as well. Our current plan is to open New City Kids and Students on June 21. More details coming soon!
Of course, we will continue to stream our services online as well, so please tune in at home if you have any symptoms or hesitations, or if you are just not quite ready to regather with us.
Changes we’re making:
- Reduced capacity seating in the auditorium, with shorter rows and additional space between each row.
- Shorter service times to allow for even and physically-spaced ingress and egress.
- Multiple hand-sanitizing stations placed throughout the building.
- Individually portioned and prepackaged communion elements, with a time of communion that does not involve leaving your seat or standing in line.
- All high-traffic areas will be thoroughly sanitized between services.
- No self-serve coffee. All volunteers preparing coffee will wear masks and gloves.
- All staff and volunteers with close physical contact with others will wear face coverings. While we are not requiring face coverings for everyone in attendance, we do ask that everyone respect physical distancing standards while on the campus of New City.
- All seatback materials, papers, and pens will be removed.
- Auditorium doors will remain open for ventilation purposes.
How you can help:
- If you don’t feel well (this includes any flu-like symptoms, a fever or possible COVID-19 exposure), please stay home and join us online.
- If you have any other health concerns or a medical condition that puts you at increased risk, please stay home and join us online.
- If you do join us at church, we ask that you wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and other guests, unless you share a household with them.
Our team is working with different community partners to provide a list of resources for those seeking assistance or additional information. Please visit our Justice & Care Resources page for information on mental health, shelter, childcare, and food assistance. We will keep this page updated as we receive more information.