DETAILS OF THE INTERNSHIP
New City offers a two-level Internship Program with both unpaid and paid internships.
Level 1 – unpaid; 5-10 hours per week
Level 2* – $100/week; 10-15 hours per week
*Level 2 is only available to those who have completed a Level 1 internship.
Internships are offered in three seasons each year:
Fall Session: September through December
Spring Session: January through April
Summer Session: May through August
Applications for Summer 2019 are due by April 1, 2019.
We offer internships in the following ministry areas:
- Adult Discipleship
- Host/Connection Team
- Justice & Care
- Worship & Arts
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS OF A INTERN?
- Regular participation and serving on Sundays. This means you will participate in one worship service and serve during one or more of the other services for a total of 4-5 hours.
- The remaining hours of your work week will be spent in the office midweek working in your area of ministry on your assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- We expect interns to come with questions! An intern’s overall posture is a Leader who is a Learner first. This means that we expect you to ask questions for clarification and needed insight. We believe that you will get as much out of the Internship as you put into your learning.
- Each internship lasts for 14 weeks. The internship can be renewed every semester with the option for New City Church or the Intern to opt out of the internship each semester.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM NEW CITY CHURCH
- You will be assigned a supervisor (Pastor or Staff member) who will provide regular evaluation and feedback (with continued ongoing evaluation of strengths and weaknesses).
- Regular meetings with the New City pastors to ask questions you may have about the local church and pastoral ministry.
- Exposure to diverse settings of ministry (Community Group Leaders training, sermon preparation, Surge School, Surge Lunch events, etc.).
- Limited and defined leadership opportunities that will stretch and grow your abilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your completed internship application to email@example.com.