ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – FAMILY MINISTRIES
The primary purpose of this role is to provide administrative support for the Kids, Students and Women’s ministries of New City Church.
- Ensure all timely and relevant communication to parents and volunteers (Sunday recap email, New Family welcome emails, update social media content, etc).
- Help manage Kid’s Ministry information in church database (weekly attendance, event registration, family contact information, etc).
- Assist in volunteer scheduling to ensure each classroom has sufficient number of qualified teachers/helpers.
- Help set up classrooms for Sundays (curriculum, supplies, snacks, decorations).
- Provide logistical/communication support for special events/classes (Child dedication, VBS, Parent equipping classes, etc).
Women’s Ministry: Provide administrative support for women’s classes, groups, and events (e.g. registration, communication, set-up, etc).
- New City Moms AM & PM
- Women’s Socials
- Summer Bible Studies
Students: Provide administrative support for Student Ministries including:
- Registration for Summer camps
- Scheduling monthly events
- Communication to parents and volunteers
- Live and work according to New City staff values (Take Ownership, Be Resourceful, Honor God with your Work Ethic, Be Open to Critique, Do Things with Excellence, Seek God in All Things).
- Demonstrated relational skills: high value of people; aspires to serve others; fosters a healthy and amiable spiritual environment; approachable and accessible; works well with others; appreciation for own and other’s giftedness; possess a healthy sense of humor.
- Integrity of work habits and results; able to discern needs and respond appropriately; able to maintain a high degree of professionalism and accuracy; good written and verbal communication skills; desire for personal and professional growth; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; takes initiative; ability to handle confidential information.
- Fulfill the duties required of New City Church members as outlined in the New City Leadership Covenant and Bylaws.
- Able to manage self and drive projects and initiatives with adequate direction and limited supervision.
STATUS: Part time, hourly employee
SALARY & BENEFITS: Vacation/sick time; 401K plan contributions
SCHEDULE: 20-25 hours/week (M-Th)
REPORTS TO: Pastor of New City Kids