STEP INTO YOUR CALLING
DEVELOP PRACTICAL and MINISTRY SKILLS
FUEL YOUR SOUL
We are looking for committed and passionate young adults (17-24 years old) who call New City home, and have been faithfully serving and/or are plugged into the culture of the church. Internships at New City are four months long, and are designed for those who feel God’s call to full-time ministry. Throughout your internship semester, you will receive pastoral mentorship as well as hands-on ministry experience.
In addition to working directly with the pastoral staff in day-to-day operations and sermon or event prep, interns will also meet together for ministry training, book studies and community building.
What do I need to know?
- All applicants will be contacted within one week after interviewing for an internship.
- There are two internship levels at New City:
- Level One: 10 hours required per week (Unpaid)
- Level Two: 20 hours required per week ($100/ Week)
- There are three internship sessions per year:
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January – April
- Summer: May – August
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF A INTERN?
- Interns are expected to serve on Sunday mornings (depending on the area of your internship, this may vary or change). The remainder of your time each week will be spent in the office working in your area of ministry.
- Interns are encouraged to come with questions. The posture of an intern is one who is a leader trying to learn first. We believe that through asking questions and learning more about ministry, you will be able to lead better as a result.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM NEW CITY CHURCH
- You will be assigned a supervisor (Pastor or Ministry Lead) who will provide regular evaluation and feedback.
- You will be able to attend regular meetings with New City Pastors to ask questions about the local church and pastoral ministry.
- You will gain exposure to diverse settings of ministry.
- You will benefit from defined leadership opportunities that will stretch and grow your abilities and skill set.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your completed internship application to email@example.com.