HOST AND CONNECTION CATALYST
New City is in search of a dynamic and extroverted leader who is passionate about creating welcoming and energetic environments with the end goal of connecting people to the church and to Jesus. The right person for this role excels at catalyzing large teams of volunteers to create the friendliest and most engaging church imaginable.
- Provide overall leadership in creating an experience on Sundays that is intentional, authentic, and extraordinarily welcoming for both first-time guests and regular attenders.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and care for volunteers needed to create dynamic teams.
- Other responsibilities include: pre-service set up, post-service clean up, communion, coffee, Welcome Bar, parking, selling merchandise, connection cards, and collection of offerings.
- Develop and manage a process of connecting new attendees by providing necessary information and creating clear pathways to greater involvement.
- Manage all systems that guide people through the process of involvement in the ministries of New City, in particular serving, small groups, events and other class offerings.
- Provide leadership over Welcome to New City, which is the first step for every new attendee.
- Take charge of creating a culture of volunteerism within the church.
- Use our church-wide database (Rock) to track key connection metrics (e.g. # of first-time guests, # of volunteers, etc.).
- Coordinate, organize, and staff volunteers for select, mid-week New City programming (e.g. CORE, Marriage 101, or Night of Prayer and Worship).
- Plan and execute logistical details of Easter Week (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday).
- Help develop and coordinate large group events such as social connecting events, volunteer appreciation parties, or church-wide service projects.
GENERAL PASTORAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet regularly with other members of New City Church staff for prayer and ministry collaboration.
- Live and work according to New City staff values.
- Fulfill the duties required of New City Church members as outlined in the New City Leadership Covenant and Bylaws.
- Able to lead strategically and execute tactically.
- Able to manage both people and projects/deadlines.
- People Skills/Attitudes: A people-person who gets energy from being around and inspiring others; approachable and accessible; works well with others; appreciation for own and other’s giftedness; possesses a healthy sense of humor.
- Work Skills/Attitudes: Able to discern needs and respond appropriately; able to maintain a high degree of professionalism and accuracy; good written and verbal communication skills; desire for individual and professional growth; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Able to manage self and drive projects and initiatives with adequate direction and limited supervision.
STATUS: Full time, salaried employee
SALARY & BENEFITS: Health insurance (medical/dental), vacation/sick time
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
New City is in search of an energetic, detail-oriented person to assist the Lead Pastor in executing the vision of the church through supporting his day-to-day operations.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Lead Pastor with members of the church and community at large.
- Attend required meetings and take detailed notes to ensure follow-through on tasks.
- Coordinate with other members of the team in planning and executing projects and events.
- Manage the calendar and email inquiries for the Lead Pastor.
- Coordinate travel for Lead Pastor and church guests as needed.
- Complete expense reports.
- Assist the Lead Pastor as needed on projects and events, including research on a variety of topics.
- Fulfill the duties required of New City Church members as outlined in the New City Leadership Covenant and Bylaws; live and work according to New City staff values.
- Able to manage projects and deadlines.
- Approachable and accessible; works well with others; possesses a healthy sense of humor.
- Desire for individual and professional growth; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.) and the ability to use other common office communication technology.
- Able to manage self and initiatives with limited supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
STATUS: Part time – 20 hours per week. Some work from home flexibility.
BENEFITS: Vacation and PTO
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.